Running of 2020 flu campaigns and what you need to know before you arrive
You may already be aware that we are running our flu campaign a little differently this year. This is because of the additional safety measures we need to consider because of Covid 19. Once your flu appointment is booked, please can we ask that you read and follow the below guidelines before attending for your appointment:
- Please do not arrive early for your flu vaccination appointment – Please keep to the time booked.
- Please wear a mask
- Use hand sanitiser on entry
- Please only bring the minimum amount of belongings with you, take off your outer garments before you arrive (only to expose the arm you wish the vaccine to be administered into)
- Come alone unless a parent or carer is required (Only one parent/Carer per person please)
- Keep to strict 2 metre social distancing requirements
- Refrain from touching anything inside the surgery unless absolutely necessary and avoid using toilets where possible
- Listen to the Flu Marshals for instructions and advice when you arrive.
- We will have 4 separate clinics running, please insure you attend the correct one, the flu marshal will instruct you upon arrival
The flu clinics are: Child flu clinic; patients who were asked to medically shield from Covid-19; Over 65s; Under 65s.
It is important you attend the correct clinic because of the timing of vaccine deliveries.
It will not always be possible to book patients from the same household together this year.